Respecting and protecting your privacy
Happy Tails Animal Hospital, as a vet, respects your right to your privacy. We are bound by, and abide by, the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (“Privacy Act”).
Collection of personal information
When you are using happytailsvet.com.au, we may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preference).
In addition, we may collect information that you volunteer to.
In order to access some specific features of happytailsvet.com.au, you are required to provide some personal information. During this process, we collect some of your personal information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies you personally, except when you specifically volunteer that information to us when using specific features. These specific features might include, but are not limited to:
- Making purchases
- Receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions
- Receiving general emails from us
- Commenting on our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or video, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our content of materials.
Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your personal information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store your personal information and to protect it against unauthorized access, destruction or disclosure.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer or mobile device which collect information about your browsing behaviour. Cookies do not access information that is stored on your computer.
Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to your needs and preferences, in order to improve your user experience.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although you are able to change your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not you accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set your browser to advise you if you receive a cookie or to block or delete cookies. However, if you do this, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the product.
How your information is used
We use your personal information to help us improve your experience. We may use your personal information for purposes including but not limited to:
- Providing service to you.
- Marketing and advertising to you including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about products that may interest you based on your personal preferences or demographics.
Information you release
You acknowledge and agree that if you publish or submit personal information in publicly accessible sections of the product (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then you are solely responsible for the release of the personal information and we are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of the personal information.
Changes to this policy
If you have any questions about our privacy and discretion policy, you can contact our friendly customer service team via email or phone. Alternatively, visit our Contact Us page for details.
Last Updated: 14 September 2021